7.30.2008

• sonnet sadness •

I can't say I'm a good writer - I'm not; I just base all my thoughts from experiences I've had that are way more worse than anyone I could ever now. Some have experienced pain, but they have almost found their happy endings. Me? I'm still stuck to this memory of sadness which keeps me inspired to write more and more.


Talk about getting addicted to poetry - I remember last year [oh I miss that time...it was the hardest turning point of my teenage life...] when me & well, my friend were still *close and we would write haikus until midnight before we go to sleep. Hahaha. I think overall I made over 30 haikus?! We kept on writing nonsensical stuff eh. Haha! And now it's on sonnets. Of course, I don't do that routine of staying uplate, writing sonnets nonstop. I could just rely on my old journals and some unwinding tunes of melodies I once loved...How sad...


*sigh*


I used my sonnet entitled "Remnant" for the parchment thingy. I even used Calligraphy thanks to Peter's Guide to Calligraphy book. Mr. Rillo liked it hahahaha. But this is Daph's fave, and it's the only one posted in the PC so I'll copy-paste it:


Behind Everything


We see thy self as a hidden door;
Finding the open windows that lead us to where
Thy hopes have brought us in store;
In the unseen realities that will take us there.
Who are we, behind this mask?
Full of stained memories holding back;
To the painful yesterdays thy never bask;
Never making up for the things thou lack.
In the bittersweet victory of today,
Our covered wounds from eternal stain;
Bring us closer to remembering that day;
When we felt the anxiety of deep pain.
An uncleansed soul lies beneath one's broken past -
And behind those perfect beams leave a cut that will forever last.


x o x o.


I have to get to bed. Tomorrow's a new & hectic day!
Tell me what you think - it's a personal-inspired sonnet. I'll post "Remnant" one of these days.


♥ • ♥


Sound-sanity!


No comments: