1.25.2009

tribute to the Seniors

According to "a teacher", in her note, my poetic license should be "waived" and I don't know what the heck that means, but it REALLY pissed me off. I asked a lot of people what that meant and they said, well, she's questioning my writing skills. I told you, I'm not a good writer. I just write what I feel. It just gets to me. Airra kept telling me she just wanted me to be "better" but seriously, I feel suckish for the matter. As far as I'm concerned, I just did this because I was told to, no harm done. Besides, it's quite hard for me to grasp a certain subject I'm not really familiar of [P.S. I just write love poems. hahaha.] so yeah, here's the poem [that people won't know that I wrote] that will be in the JS invite.

Not final yet-

Dearest Seniors,

The beauty of tomorrow
lies within the remnants of yesterday
Time ticks away to the beating of our hearts
But the memories we've made-
good or bad,
Will never cease to part, forever

There's a long wide road stretched in front of you
Full of challenges and choices to make
So take each one, make your mark
and someday you'll see
the beauty of every
step you have trod on.

Together we build our bridges
as we soar high to posterity
we spread our wings so wide
and hold on to each other
Never fearing the bitterness
of pain,
And seeing happiness
through the future's dawning.

Our greatest gratitudes to you
for opening our eyes to the world
making us feel safe in your presence
and never leaving us behind.
Thank you for the times
when friendship grew within us
And the moments we've established-
they would never turn to ashes
nor dust.


As you go ahead of us and travel through
the destiny
that lies in the paths you are to take
See no fear and seek the light
for we are here
standing right behind you.
Living on the legacy you've left
found within the walls of
our beloved alma mater

Always remember that
you must live your dreams.
Let nothing bring you down
for strength is found within
every one of us.
Be ready to aim high
to fly across the wings of success
and to take flight
beyond the horizons
of your being.

The Juniors

No comments: