5.03.2009

exploring the City of Pines

Trip Details

Date: April 29-May 2, 2009
Time: left at 7am, arrived 2pm [with breakfast included]
Company: went with maternal relatives
Destination: Baguio City
Places visited: Burnham Park, SM Baguio, Good Shepherd Convent, Tam-Awan Village, Hot Springs + Pool Resort [forgot the name], Baguio Buddha Temple, Abagao Street [palengke]


Day 1. Arrival, Burnham Park, SM Baguio.
I was really sleepy. I didn't sleep the last night lol. So it was a sleepy trip going there, then finally arrived at Raja Soliman Hotel (my relatives know the people who work there so it's like "feel at home") and ate lunch. And as Jean promised, the food is good :)

Cousin-kins at one of the rooms:



Then we went into our rooms, and headed off to Burnham Park. Actually we were all supposed to take a boat ride but the boats weren't really available, so me, Jean & Ahia Ericsson agreed to go biking.

As you know I'm not sporty, so I can't ride the mountain bike (two-wheeler) but my friend did teach me before...and so we rode the three-wheeler. Wow. My legs were hurting like hell. I didn't know whether it was because I couldn't carry my heavy 54kg body or it was my legs were too long for the bike :| Hahaha! It was for an hour! Cycling for an hour! So I switched bikes with Jean and fair enough it was because my legs couldn't fit in the other bike :)) I even saw my classmate there my gad it was embarassing that I was in a threewheeler haha. x)

Here are my cousins who were riding the boat:




And here we are with them after they rode (we were in the cycling area):


Then we ate at Rai Rai Ken in SM Baguio...which was freezing! Goodness! And I can conclude that binging during out of town trips is too typical. I ate 3 servings of rice when I only eat 1 serving at home lol. And since I'm acidic I get hungry easily during our trip ^__^

Day 2. Swimming, Abagao Palengke (pasalubong buying)
Breakfast, then went to some resort in Benguet to swim. passed by a hanging bridge which was bit creepy, then swam. My legs were hurting at this point. I couldn't sit well.

At the swimming pool:


I had fun, even if I cannot swim :)) (don't ask. phobia.)
And our lunch was...weird. I just had to try eating grilled eggplant with bagoong. Pretty good :) I like bagoong lol. But I don't really eat a lot of Pinoy food so that was a shocker :))

Then we went to the nearby palengke to buy some delicacies: Choco Flakes (yum!), Peanut Brittle (Romana's is yummy, so is Good Shepherd), Sagada Oranges, Strawberry Jam, plus a dreamcatcher! I've been looking all over and I found one yey :) 50 pesos, but I wasn't so contented about the craftwork.

Dinner.

Played Bingo but after 2 games we quit 'cause of sleepiness, also because we were watching my Grandfather's 70th b-day (1995, I was 2 years old then) and we kept laughing! x) I was soooo cheeky and chubby, and I saw my dad in the video - brings back some memories - and Jean was soooo cute! haha she was really chubby before eh, her cheeks were too much already :)) LOL to death x)

Day 3. Good Shepherd Convent, Tam-Awan Village, Baguio Buddha Temple, Abagao Palengke (MORE pasalubong buying)

Went to Good Shepherd right after breakfast, bought some more delicacies :) Peanut Brittle & Strawberry jam - SUGARFREE :) Also, Lengua , Sesame Brittle :)
Here's a fantastic view outside the store:


Headed to Tam-Awan Village, hiking! :) Tiring.
There was a portrait sketching booth there, and why the hell would I let people draw my face?
(Maybe in the future, I'd do it myself XD lolz!)
ANd the results weren't convincing at all. Except one of the artists there was REALLY good I was stunned. Grabe.
Well that place was artsy-ish. Reminded me of psychedelic art. And I miss drawing :(

In one of the art gallery/Ifugao cottage (it would be nice to live there - you can book for an overnight stay! xD)






Then we went to have lunch at 3pm haha. Wow late :]
Baguio Buddha Temple. Love the flowers in the temple.
Much better because of the cool air :)


And the Big Buddha is awesome :)


Gah. Am tired. Lemme finish.
So yeah, after that I went to palengke again and bought 2 more dream catchers - good quality now, then bought dream catcher cell charms at Tam-Awan :)

Now you ask, what's with the dream catcher addiction?
- No addiction :) I just find the design fascinating that's all. And the belief that it drives away bad dreams is coolness :> So I like them. And I couldn't find them anywhere else. Luckily I did :))

After dinner at Greenwich (others at Chowking) played some UNO Hearts & Old Maid. Hahaha. Fun :>
Me + sibs + cuz:


Day 4. Bye, BC.

So glad to be home :)

Will post the pix on Multi maybe tomorrow. Hahaha. :>
I'm sleepy-ish now.

xo~









No comments: