5.27.2009

summer loves & raves :)

Last year I wrote an entry about a "Secret Love" (Hana Kimi) and a "Forbidden Love" (Twilight). Which were two things I was addicted to during that time. (FYI, I hated summer after 2nd yr. it simply SUCKED.)
Here's the link if you're interested to read: Two Kinds of LOVE

But now, I've replaced them :> Nyahahaha >:)) to something so much better that after reading & watching these ... stuffs I still get the hang of it. :)

1. Boys Over Flowers (kkobotda namja)


Who doesn't love this series? :)

Funny and optimistic protagonist, Geum Jan Di (fighting!) accidentally gets a scholarship to the prestigious Shinhwa High by saving a guy who wanted to commit suicide because of the F4 RED CARD. So yeah, and then Jan Di meets Ji Hoo, and falls for him (ahem, soulmate) 'cause he keeps saving her from Gu Jun Pyo's attempts of letting Jan Di surrender from his terrible tactics. And then he develops feelings for Jan Di. Wow, the more you hate , the more you definitely love. :>

In the end, well, go watch it and find out. There are a lot of plot twists and turns.

I give this a five stars ★★★★★ :)

Review:
(ahem, so professional-much?)
I keep watching this even if I finished it already by the 2nd week of April.
'Cause it's a nice mix of romance & comedy with a light drama. Although Jan Di is not that pretty, I kind of liked it that way 'cause people are soooo stereotypical these days and it kind of breaks that thought about people. Of course, how can I not forget the good-looking F4 to the point that they are even more beautiful than me x) lolness. I like Kim Bum :) Yay :) and Ga Eul :) Yay :)

BTW their OST is really nice, I love all their songs! Preferred ones are: What Should I Do - Ji Sun, Paradise - T-max, Fight The Bad Feeling (Dance ver.) - T-max, 가슴이 어떻게 됐나봐 - A &T, Wish Ur My Love - T-max & J.


========


2. Can You Keep A Secret?


Emma Corrigan, your typical twenty-something Marketing Assistant at the Panther Corporation, gets in big trouble as she accidentally spills all her random secrets to a stranger (male, to be exact) in a plane. Astonished, she decides to forget about it and move on with her boring, old life. Until she finds out that he is Jack Harper, the CEO of Panther Corporation.

And all hell breaks loose.
Nah, just kidding. Emma's life gets topsy turvy as she tries to keep it steady and get her life into place. But what if all her little secrets get blurted out?

This book will definitely get you going, you won't be thinking twice whether to read it.

Spoiler: GOOD ENDING, but it is BITIN. :<>

I give this a good four-star rating: ★★★★ :)

Why four stars?
I thought it would be another boring Sophie Kinsella book, 'cause I didn't really like the Shopaholic series that much. But I was wrong :) Anyhoo, it's an awesome book :)

Review:
I just finished reading it, actually. I ditched Science for chick lit x) Smart huh?
Thanks to Erika, for forcing me to buy the book at Bestsellers :>

I like the light feeling, not heavy drama (I loathe those, actually) and I come to realize that of all genres of books, I prefer mostly Chick Lit :) a little romance, a little friendship life, work life. It's nice to sneak into a person's head (like what usually happens when one reads a book, since it's in the first-person POV.) and know his/her (preferably her) thoughts.

I also like the novel's simple take on feminism haha. It's kind of funny. And of course the romance thing. Makes me wonder if there's such thing as that.

Although this is chick lit, it's not for young people, like below 15 or something. Contains a little x-rated stuff, which kind of disgusts me but it's only a few.

But the storyline is really cool, I want to read it over & over :D

BTW it's going to be made into a movie, but I'm disappointed because Kate Hudson will be cast as Emma Corrigan. I mean, Emma is not skinny, she weighs 128 lbs.! xD And I'd rather have a not-so-pretty protagonist (ahem, stereotype) against a goodlooking love interest. LOL. If they're both beautiful (like in Twilight) I reckon it makes any sense at all.
=====

Okay, yeah, so go buy a fake DVD or watch BOF at ABS-CBN, 6pm, weekdays.
And go buy a copy of Can You Keep A Secret? by Sophie Kinsella for only P259.

:) :> wth I'm plugging? x)

xo~
P.S. summaries written by yours truly. (c) to me!

No comments: