9.07.2009

r e m i n i s c e n c e : )

If there's one NOTE2SELF that I will never forget to do, it would be to bring a CAMERA everytime I will attend a concert. Who knows what would happen, right?

Well today was not what I expected to turn out, since my day was pretty boring. Haha :) Err...I woke up late, had noodles for breakfast, a not-so-much-like-a-lunch lunch, headed to my aunt's for Accounting tutorials, headed to Natio for paper shopping, and went to school around 3+ to check out the Sunday version of Fair 100 and I was disappointed. There were no more booths upstairs and the merch in the 2nd floor Podium and the Caterpillar ride was about to close. So I had a photo shoot w/ my mates here at home at the photo booth, made sticker labels of my lovely name with Claudine (since Abigail Sy is a common name), then met up w/ Tin, rode Caterpillar last ride! bought cute stuff from the remaining 80 chits I had, had dinner (wait, that wasn't dinner) @ McDo before heading to the concert.

You know what, I really didn't want to go to the concert thinking it was a waste of time and I didn't really like Spongecola. HA. I WAS WRONG.

I think I forgot the fact that my grade six & freshmen years consisted of OPM music in my playlist and one of the bands other than Callalily, Hale & Cueshe was Spongecola and I really loved their songs ever since they came out w/ KLSP (which I'm listening to now xD) then Gemini then Una then Bitiw and also Jeepney! Top 5 lol. I don't like Filipino lyrics but these songs really made me feel so much Pinoy and I feel like who I was 4 years ago :) Problem-free, and very carefree.

Anyways the bands before them who played were pretty good, but they kind of stole the show which is what they were supposed to do haha :) Err...I didn't know what they sang at first 'cause I'm kinda not updated w/ local songs nowadays - I'm all with the foreign! Then I think, oh yeah they sang "Tuliro" and "Puso" which rocks! Then when they performed "Gemini" okay I started shouting HAHAHA. I really love that song and it's years since I listened to that but I still remember the lyrics! x) [The vacuous night steps aside to give meaning to Gemini's dreaming, the moon on its back and the seemingly veiled room's lit by the same star. ] I forgot what else they played...oh, right! Nakapagtataka by APO which they remade, and Closer You & I was awesome. Then they were like, "This will be our last song" and I so crossed my fingers it would be "Bitiw" which became my all time fave song ever since!

AND IT WAS. and you don't know how crazy I get in concerts - my last crazy concert was FOB last 2007, and this is my second crazy concert :))

Too bad we didn't have a cam, we 3 (tin, nix & i) rushed to the front where Yael (lead singer) was singing and I was singing na rin! I was shouting and jumping - kulang nalang I'd kill myself and wonder why the hell I was so wild x)) It was crazy there - a lot of people were crowded w/ us and we were all pushing to get to the super super front but we were able to go really forward - thank goodness the people weren't so pushy! WAH and then I wasn't able to get ahold of Yael's hand while he was singing Bitiw but I love that song. lol [Ating tinig, ating himig, abot langit heto na tayo! Heto na tayo!] then we shouted as in and YAY they agreed to play another song.

[BEWARE: If you continue reading you will see that my hidden wilderness will eventually come out - let's just say that when it comes to music, I get crazier than usual.]

OKAY I had to scream out loud when they played "Jeepney" for an encore. I remembered listening to that when I was in Grade 6. Imagine! 4 years have gone since then. But it was awesome! Oh, and I got to touch Yael's hand! xD And! I was in front of him while he was singing and he was smiling (at me) HAHA I am so insane. I probably looked like a nerd w/ those glasses. Hah! I really love that song (Bitiw) and probably got very starstruck (hence, my blogging at this time is very ... not me). Reminded me of "Touch My Hand" by David A lol. Trust me, I didn't feel so much alive ever since...you know, the complications of life came about.

LOLness in the car (sbay-ed w/ Nix) and we kept laughing at the car. haha. :))

That was definitely an awesome concert - I MEAN IT! I'm so glad I went! Thanks Spongecola for making me feel alive. Hahaha :)) This is much wilder than FOB before xD

Sadly I didn't have a camera. So I feel very sad about it :( But then I will (or was supposed to tonight) update my Gazette (journal) ASAP about it but since it's so late and I haven't studied I still have to wake up early tomorrow.

Since I couldn't upload a pic of Spongecola up close (AW) I will try uploading my entry in my Gazette about the concert - lucky! My journal's private now :>

BTW I ate Tempura w/ rice when I got home. HAHA. Hungry much? Energy-less perhaps. Haha it was good ;) Take out from where my family ate (w/o me. awness. ohwell. i had fun getting crazy!)

BTW2 I will list down a pre-Xmas + Bday wishlist since it's already the beginning of BER months :)

XMBDAY.WLIST.
  • R O O M M A K E O V E R - - new bookshelf, new table, new coat of paint :)
  • C E L L P H O N E - - w/ Wi Fi access and nice camera :) 3.2 MP or up :)
  • N E W J O U R N A L - - this will never go out of my list :)
  • H O N O R S - - kahit sa class lang masaya na ako :)
  • W I I F I T - - so I could drop some pounds. haha :)
  • A G O O D & H E A L T H Y L I F E - - I don't like being absent. lawl.
T2DO TOMORROW:
In order :D
  • Wake up. Rise & SHINE :)
  • Update Gazette & study Hua Wen
  • Transfer Spongecola songs to iPod (HA!) to remember tonight's awesomeness & my baliw-ness :>
  • Open PC, load new ink, print Tin's reco letters, print some pics :)
  • Calculus GE review
  • MATH Test review (Fri)
  • Study a bit of Physics so I won't get lost
  • Derma
So far that's all. Okay. I'm very happy to know that it's not a lot. Will do the first four in the morning and the rest in the p.m. :)

I've never been this happy since...I forgot.

FAIR 100 is AWESOME. It's stamped on my head. From F4L to the painstaking duty to face paint kids to the people to the stuff to the vanity to the awesome Spongecola concert, everything was great :) What a way to spend a 5 day break :) Life is good :) I'm crossing my fingers that my optimism will continue on until....idk :>

Let's hope time will make friends with me tomorrow.
Imma go view F4L MOA pics last Sept.4 & yesterday's pics from the Fair 100. :>

xo. good day!

P.S. View my twitter updates in this blog and see that I'm really crazy for Spongecola x)

P.P.S. Show some love and vote for me (Imagine.) in the Candy Teen Blog Awards 2009 - Best Written Blog & Best Overall Blog Category. TYVM! :D

P.P.P.S. Leave a comment at my new tagboard courtesy of ShoutMix! :)

P.P.P.P.S.
Current playlist as of Sept. 7, 2009 1:48 AM

IN RANDOM ORDER :))
  1. Here It Goes - Jimmy Eat World
  2. Bloodshot - Jack's Mannequin
  3. The Good Life - Hannah Montana
  4. Puso - Spongecola
  5. Bitiw - Spongecola
  6. Jump - Flo Ri Da feat. Nelly Furtado
  7. Gemini- Spongecola
  8. Jeepney - Spongecola
  9. Movie - Spongecola
  10. Reach - Caleigh Peters
  11. Ignorance - Paramore
  12. Decode - Paramore
  13. Forever & Always - Taylor Swift
  14. Hey Stephen - Taylor Swift
  15. Before The Worst - The Script
  16. Bad Habits - My Favorite Highway
  17. Bittersweet Life - My Favorite Highway
  18. Goodbye Apathy - OneRepublic
  19. You Belong With Me - Taylor Swift
  20. Battlefield - Jordin Sparks
OKAI.

BTW3 Why the title Reminiscence? Well obviously it was due to the concert which made me reminisce the old times and wished I had them back :) When everything was so simple and very laid back. Oh speaking of laid back past shennanigans me, tin & nix had a circa 1980s photoshoot w/ Nix's camphone :) Sepia and good friends rock \m/

BTW4 It's obvious I have a lot to write today considering the thousands of words in this entry. So I congratulate you if you have read the entirety of this entry. Do tell me and I will mention you in my next entry :)

xo once again. I need sleep! (:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm currently having a study on Youth's voting behaviour. This is for one of my term papers which I am to present next week. I only have a week to gather data. I hope you can help me by simply answering my survey. I need 18-25 years old Filipino. You may also repost this one if you're not 18-25. I'd really appreciate it.

Here are the links:

http://www.esurveyspro.com/Survey.aspx?id=513867fe-b3c3-49a6-b35b-50ca00bbfd8a

or

http://tinyurl.com/nnx2tq