9.27.2009

Tragic.


[SJCS yesterday morning]


[Last night I think. My picture is there pa. Hah. (bottom right)]

[St. Jude Archdiocesan Shrine. Grabe talaga!]


I didn't expect this typhoon to kill so many lives and ruin so much infrastructures.
Even our school got affected. Okay, typically, our school does get flooded during rainy days but the flood this time was higher than usual. And I'm sure the Grade 1 classrooms are drenched in water - my mom's kinda scared that my bro's books will be affected.

These days, the only thing possible is to hope for the best in the Philippines.

Visit my TUMBLR for more photos.

Even American celebs are supporting like Demi Lovato, John Mayer & Demi Moore (from Twitter). Thanks Twitter. I'm so updated because of you (:

Anyways, classes are suspended until Tuesday, and I don't know if I'm still supposed to continue the photo shoot we are to have at my classmate's house for Economics (I hope they move the submission date!) My mom's planning to go to the Sagip Kapamilya Drop Off tomorrow, I hope she does pursue it - I wanna go.

I don't feel like sitting at home, journaling, using the net, watching tv and enjoying the good life. I feel really lucky that I didn't get flooded, didn't get any electricity cut-off, didn't get any food or water shortage or internet cut-off, thanks to my dad for choosing this area as our home. TYVM, IMY. Anyhow, I feel bad 'cause a lot of people are in a super horrible condition - ack I wanna go out and donate some stuff :c

Err...I didn't even study :[ Is that bad? I'm so not in the mood to get my books or stuff. I've been watching tv all day to catch the latest news. So yeah that's what I've been doing since yesterday.

Let's hope tomorrow more lives will be saved. What a tragedy.

I can remember last time when I was in First Year and typhoon Milenyo hit the Philippines. Although it wasn't that strong, we got a one week suspension of classes and the Teachers' Day celeb was moved to October 2. Don't ask why I remembered - it was during those times that something devastating happened to me.

On a lighter (okay, a heavier) note, I'm halfway through By The River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept and the storyline is so awesome, I feel compelled to read it, and I feel sorry for Pilar because her friend can't decide between his calling and his love for Pilar. Anyways, I am to unfold the story bit by bit, hopefully I'll finish tomorrow.

Good night. Let's pray for a brighter day tomorrow :( I mean it.

xo.

No comments: