4.21.2009

if we just don't get it our own way.

I'm positive that I am lazy enough to not finish my layout.
I have to apologize to myself for my lack of inspiration.

Oh, come on! [talks to my mind] why won't you work?

Kidding aside, that was SO awkward, people might think I'm an insane girl :O Of course not, just wondering why my artistic ability isn't as consistent. Actually, looking back, I remember the first time a person taught me basic body proportions (it was Krystle I think) was when I was in grade 4. Wow. I will never ever post my old drawings they are horrifyingly ugly x)

My "timeline":

Grade 4. Basic body proportions, anime-ish art, started to write letters. Haha I miss those times :>

Grade 5. Gayle's BOX. It's a box where I put pieces of stationery (w/ text, I write there my everyday happenings) and lock it. A twist on a typical journal-diary notebook.

Grade 6. Fashion designing. As in. I was known for that before ;) Then I started watching Project Runway. Still watches :) Awesome show.

High 1. All - in - One and Updates on Life. The summer before this schoolyear started I already bought a journal, so I wrote everyday stuffies. Basically this "era" was full - on writing. No art at all. During that summer (my fave one so far) I learned a lot in CSS thingamajigs + HTML, also, started to get inclined w/ music.

High 2. Behind everything. I was struggling at first, but then I found my place, I did doodles at first - a lot of people I knew sort of copied it I think, ahhh, I don't know what ya call it :> Then transformed into psychedelic and abstract. Very productive year for me, and spent a lot on buying fineliners x) Although I balanced both art and writing. I did post on my blog and had Updates on Life : on with the journey so it was really a creative "era" :)

High 3. Chasing rainbows xo. More of writing, drawing wasn't really my forte at this point, mostly because I have been drained I guess. I mean last year I kept drawing, writing... non stop! I may need a break. Hahaha! So I usually write in my blog, and lately have been doing CSS themes again :) Not much, but it resembles my 1st year, I also am musically addicted at the moment. Keeps me soothed and optimistic about life. :)

=========================================
Notice the alternate : Draw - write - draw - write - draw - write

Will draw be next again? :)
Let's wait & see.

xo~

No comments: